Sunday, August 28, 2022

Beans

 Yes it is bean day today.  

The bean seedlings are ready to plant out.  The Purple Queen packet says they do not need staking but the green one says nothing about yes or no to stake.  


To be on the safe side I have staked them all.  I am hoping to get 3 rows in this bed.  Each one to succeed the previous planting.  The seed packet reckons 3 weeks apart.  So next weekend I will have to plant another lot.  


I planted out 6 of both.  I could of maybe fitted more but will go with 12 in a row to start.  
Planted out another lot of seeds.  


Every 2 weeks I plant 8 lettuce, 8 radishes (as these are a very quick crop), another lot of shallots as the first lot have not appeared yet.  Also another lot of carrots, kale and something I have never grown before Pak choi.  Let's see how that goes....yikes!  


If you look closely, the middle front, we lost a lettuce.  😞 Still we are 5 seedlings ahead.  We also lost the back one of my seed planted seedlings.  Hence why you always plant extra just incase this happens.  


I also put the first row of string in my Florida Weave technique.  Now I just need these babies to grow.  
I think a weekly update is enough at this stage.  I am sure once I start getting crops I may update more often.  Until then....
Happy gardening!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Beans

 Yes it is bean day today.   The bean seedlings are ready to plant out.  The Purple Queen packet says they do not need staking but the green...